HVAC stands for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. HVAC units provide cooling and heating to residential and commercial properties by moving air between indoor and outdoor areas. This system keeps buildings warm during the cold months and cool during summer. HVAC also filters and cleans indoor air to maintain optimal humidity levels and health standards.
How Does an HVAC Work?
HVAC systems consist of multiple parts that work together to improve thermal comfort and indoor air quality:
- Furnace: The furnace heats the air that is distributed via piping or ductwork.
- Coils: With support from the refrigerant, coils cool air that passes through the outdoor unit.
- Ducts: Ducts carry cooled or heated air and distribute it throughout the building.
- Compressor: The compressor converts refrigerant gas to liquid form and transfers it to the coils.
- Thermostat: Users mostly interact with HVAC systems through a thermostat. They can set the thermostat manually or program it to keep the property at the ideal temperature.
Found in the ductwork of the HVAC system, a duct damper or HVAC damper is a movable plate that controls airflow by directing it to different areas of the building. Zoning systems utilize HVAC dampers to avoid overcooling or overheating parts of a building, saving energy and improving overall comfort.
Custom HVAC Dampers
At Alan Manufacturing Inc., we provide custom wireless zone control dampers. These dampers have an indicator light that turns green when the damper is open and red when the damper is closed. The dampers are ideal for buildings with several diffusers and a single thermostat. Instead of using the thermostat, users can open or close specific dampers with a remote control, which regulates up to 32 different dampers.
Alan Manufacturing: Custom HVAC Damper Design Capabilities
Since 1992, Alan Manufacturing Inc. has been the top manufacturer for quality HVAC dampers, duct supports, zone control systems, and related hardware. We have a skilled team that can customize HVAC products to meet the needs of each customer. Contact us today for more details about our standard and tailor-made products.